- In the first thematic area, we learn about the ESDC Honorary Fellows and their contribution in establishing a common CSDP culture, and are taken back to the early days of the College by its first ever Head.
- The Council Decision on the creation of the College mandates the establishment of close links with the EU institutions and the relevant EU agencies, including CEPOL, Frontex, EDA, EU SatCen, Europol, and above all, the EUISS. In the second thematic area, then, the floor is given to the directors or key executives of those entities to present their activities and their links with the College.
- In the third thematic area, you can read about the functioning of the College in the words of the chairpersons of the ESDC Steering Committee, the Executive Academic Board and the supporting Working Groups. These bodies are the heart and soul of the College, constantly scanning the horizon for new endeavours while making sure that the quality of the College’s services remains a non-negotiable factor.
- The next thematic area takes us beyond Europe and follows the path of the EUGS. Here, you can learn about the activities of the College in third countries, such as the activities under the Eastern Partnership and Western Balkan agreements and further afield in China, ASEAN, South America and Mexico, among others.
- The fifth thematic area is dedicated to our network partners. A small yet representative sample, including the EUMC, the Austrian MoD, DG ECHO, EUMS and Hybrid CoE, present their views on the activities they undertake in cooperation with the College. We would have loved to include an article by all 175 of our network partners, but unfortunately, that was not feasible under the scope of this publication. Now might be an opportune moment to commit to producing such a publication for our next anniversary event (or even sooner).
- The sixth and final thematic area is reserved for three dear friends of the College. It contains special contributions from Lt Gen. Dimokritos Zervakis, Chief of the Cypriot National Guard, General (ret.) Mikhail Kostarakos, former Chairman of the EU Military Committee, and last but not least, Mr Fernando Moreno, President of the ESDC Alumni Association.
You can download the publication from here
”When I first started working on the structure of this anniversary publication, I scarcely imagined that I would receive contributions from so many prominent figures in the CFSP/CSDP arena. I would really like to thank them all on behalf of the College and make a promise to make this publication available to the widest possible audience.” Dr. Ilias Katsagounos, Editor